After we sold the hostel and moved to our new apartment in June, I sort of lost a bit of balance. It wasn’t that I missed our old life – in fact I love our new one more – it was just that suddenly I stopped having extra time, stopped having enough time, and I can’t even figure out why. I stopped being able to schedule posts on this blog in advance, sit down and write letters, take walks, visit cafes on a whim, taking as many photographs as I’d like.
I was, still am, always working on something that needed to be done “right now” and this fall off the wagon is proving a lot harder to undo. The new year, though, like my knight in shining armor, has come to set me into a place where I feel that I can try to make it all work out.
In 2016, I will:
- Blog everyday, (for real, and not back posting all the time).
- Eat less sugar and go to the gym at least twice every week.
- Read as much as I can and borrow from the library exclusively.
- Stop shopping for new clothes completely.
- Be kinder.
- Own less cameras but take more photographs.
- Learn something new.
- Spend days away from the computer.
- Be present.
Happy 2016! I hope you’re always surrounded by love and hope.
Fujifilm Superia X-TRA 400 (expired), Pentax K1000