Fujichrome Sensia 100 (expired), Pentax K1000
- What is the last film you saw?
Ballet Shoes (2007)
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Japan or San Francisco or Taipei.
- If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
A house in Japan or San Francisco or Taipei.
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know.
I have only had my hair cut short once, when I was about 18.
- If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Undo global warming.
- Do you like to dance?
No, not really!
- Would you ever consider living abroad?
- Does your name make any interesting anagrams?
- Who made the last incoming call on your phone?
My cellphone service provider with a promotion they hope I will buy into.
- What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
A photograph I took on my phone that I emailed to myself.
- Last time you swam in a pool?
In Bali, a year and a half ago, if you call floating around swimming.
- Type of music you like most?
- Type of music you dislike most?
There isn’t anything specific, really.
- Are you listening to music right now?
- What color is your bedroom carpet?
I don’t have a carpet in my bedroom but the carpet under my feet now at my working table is cream.
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Konica Auto S
I just did a quick count and we have only 7 lists to go before the year ends – it’s quite crazy! I found a great list of random questions and decided that I would complete all 100 questions in the next 7 lists. I hope you’ll join me!
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
This could be repeated across a whole afghan using colours that shade gradually into each other – think dark and light blues rippling into shades of mauve and pink.
- Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
- Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Looking for a list of random questions.
- What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I don’t have a TV where I live so to be very specific, the last thing I watched on TV was cable news at the gym.
- Without looking, guess what time it is.
- Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
- With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Swedish guests chatting while playing Chinese chess.
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I just came back from the post office.
- Did you dream last night?
Yes, I think.
- Do you remember your dreams?
- When did you last laugh?
Only just now.
- Do you remember why / at what?
When a guest commented that today might be the last day of good weather before winter officially hits us.
- What is on the walls of the room you are in?
- Seen anything weird lately?
Yes, we have a weird guest staying with us at the hostel now, hahahaha!
- What do you think of this quiz?
Not bad at all.
I look forward to your answers! Next installment coming up next week, have a great weekend!
Ferrania Solaris 100 (expired), Olympus Mju II
I was speaking to a few guests at the hostel about hopes and dreams and I thought I might share with you a few things I’ve dreamed of doing (things I’ve never really made an effort to make them happen which means they probably will not happen but still, life holds so much possibility that I could never say never):
– publish a book (the dream used to be poetry, but now it’s probably more of photography)
– adopt a child
– do volunteer work
– go to graduate school
– learn to play the piano
– open my own handmade brick-and-mortar shop
– work on a cruise
What do you have on your Dreams-That-Might-or-Might-Not-Happen list?
Paradies Action 400, Canon FTb
Pet peeves (sorry, it’s going to be a long list, I am easily annoyed):
– people who are rude to waiters/waitresses/cashiers
– people who cut lines (and retort when confronted!)
– children who let their grandparents carry their stuff
– children who wail in public
– parents who let their young children get away with everything
– drivers who don’t bother with turn signals
– people not saying thank you
– tall people in movie theaters sitting in front of me (sorry, tall people)
– women who use the bathroom for e-ter-ni-ty
– tangled straps/cords
– dropping things and then having to pick them up
– people who never smile with their teeth showing
– people who eat/drink other people’s stuff from a hostel fridge (!)
– beeping cellphones
– people who start looking for their wallets in their bags only after the cashier has bagged everything and already asking for payment (why can’t you take out your wallet to get ready when the cashier is ringing things up?!)
– restaurants that forget orders
I am fairly sure this is a non-exhaustive list of pet peeves – what are some of yours that you don’t see on this list?
Konica Centuria Super 400 (expired), Olympus Mju II
I was in the shower, letting my mind wander, when the inevitability of this list hit me. I present to you my Photography Bucket List:
– a newborn
– forests in Europe
– someone’s collection of vintage film cameras
– the view from up in the air (preferably a hot air balloon or paragliding)
– someone famous
– an artist at work
Please share with me your very own Photography Bucket List!