11AM, the Chinese character for “spring” on red paper, puts me into a happy mood.
12PM, on my way to the post office.
1PM, brunch for lunch!
2PM, taking portraits in yet another alleyway.
3PM, at the famous Longshan temple to light a lantern for good fortune in the coming year (or in my case, to avoid misfortune – it has something to do with the year I was born in).
5PM, recently found this book I had forgotten I owned.
6PM, flash and flowers… not really a good combination, taken on the way to the gym.
8PM, dinner and dessert of the day (a tub of Belgian chocolate ice cream not actually shown in this photograph).
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Olympus Mju II
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Minolta SR-T 101
After much procrastination, the Film Guide has finally been updated with four new films I’ve tried last year: Agfacolor 200, Fujicolor Industrial 100, Kodak Professional Supra 400 and Tudor XLX 200. I also meant to update the Camera Guide with my latest purchase, the Minolta SR-T 101, but I guess I have more procrastination to apologize for. The next update will not only include the camera update but also another four film updates. I’m so pleased that many fellow film lovers have found the guides helpful, your enthusiasm has made my keeping up with the guides so much fun.
11AM, deciding between stripes and dots. Stripes won.
12PM, finding three precious postcards in my mailbox, thanks to Evelyn, Nina and Tammy.
1PM, ingredients for lunch.
2PM, packing a wholesale order.
3PM, sewing faux leather zipper pouches.
4PM, ogling at film at Costco.
5PM, the day turned from beautiful to foggy.
6PM, taking a small break catching up on blogs on my phone.
7PM, ramen for dinner.
8PM, sweet glutinous rice cake for dessert. And yes, the day seems to always end with dessert!
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Pentax K1000
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Konica Auto S
I just did a quick count and we have only 7 lists to go before the year ends – it’s quite crazy! I found a great list of random questions and decided that I would complete all 100 questions in the next 7 lists. I hope you’ll join me!
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
This could be repeated across a whole afghan using colours that shade gradually into each other – think dark and light blues rippling into shades of mauve and pink.
- Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
- Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
Looking for a list of random questions.
- What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I don’t have a TV where I live so to be very specific, the last thing I watched on TV was cable news at the gym.
- Without looking, guess what time it is.
- Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
- With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Swedish guests chatting while playing Chinese chess.
- When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I just came back from the post office.
- Did you dream last night?
Yes, I think.
- Do you remember your dreams?
- When did you last laugh?
Only just now.
- Do you remember why / at what?
When a guest commented that today might be the last day of good weather before winter officially hits us.
- What is on the walls of the room you are in?
- Seen anything weird lately?
Yes, we have a weird guest staying with us at the hostel now, hahahaha!
- What do you think of this quiz?
Not bad at all.
I look forward to your answers! Next installment coming up next week, have a great weekend!
Ferrania Solaris 400 (expired), Vivitar 220/SL
Ten weeks of lists! When I first started this little project I thought 52 a very small number – how hard is it to do something once a week, right? I have enjoyed putting my lists together and it makes me more than happy to read your input each week but to be completely honest, I probably spend too much time on deciding what list to make and then agonize over whether it’s interesting enough, easy enough, personal enough. All that being said, I just want to thank everyone who has shared their thoughts and stuck with me this far.
For the tenth list I wanted to put together something a little bit bigger so here’s my List of Places to Visit in My City:
- Treasure Hill Artist Village 寶藏巖國際藝術村
– FuHe Bridge Flea Market 福和橋跳蚤市場
– Wanhua District: The Red House, night markets and Bopiliao 萬華，紅樓，艋甲，剝皮寮
– Huashan Creative Park 華山1914文化創意產業園區
– Wulai 烏來
– SPOT – Taipei Film House 光點台北
– Miniatures Museum of Taiwan 袖珍博物館
– Dihua Street 迪化街
– Taipei Botanical Garden 台北植物園
– National Taiwan University 台灣大學
– Showa-cho Antique Market 昭和町文物市集
– Songshan Cultural and Creative Park 松山文創園區
– The alleyways…always venture into the alleyways of Taipei :)
What are some of your personal recommendations for someone new to your city? Do share!