Ilford FP4 Plus 125, Pentax K1000
I don’t listen to a lot of music these days and when I do I go back to my old favorites from years ago. In fact, it is probably not too far off to say that the soundtracks from all four seasons of The O.C. pretty much make up the entirety of my music cache. Today I want to share with you a list of song lyrics that went into my diaries, they’re my favorite kind of poetry:
– All the waves of blame arrange as broken scenery, as they steal your best memories away.
– How can I fight, when we’re on the same side, how can I fight beside you.
– I’m building memories on things we have not said, full is not heavy as empty, not nearly my love.
– Summertime, and the livin’ is easy.
– If I cried a little bit, when I first learned the truth, don’t blame it on my heart, blame it on my youth.
– And if you care, don’t let them know, don’t give yourself away.
– All secrets sleep in winter clothes.
– Somewhere our things share the same windowsill, somewhere our hearts exist independent of time, somewhere we are whole.
– But the night came down and swept us away, and the stars they seemed to paint the most elaborate scene to date.
– There’s a thousand shades of white and a thousand shades of black, but the same rule always applies, smile pretty and watch your back.
– Everything’s falling, and I am included in that.
– And you’ll yield to me like a scent in the breeze, and you’ll wonder what it is about me.
– Yes, it struck me that love is sport, so I pushed you a little bit more.
– So sit on top of the world and tell me how you’re feeling, what you feel is what I feel for you.
– Sing me something soft, sad and delicate, or loud and out of key, sing me anything.
I listened to all these songs while putting this post together and they just broke my heart, especially the one I linked up above. Please, share with me the song lyrics that went into your heart and never left.
P.S. That is a photograph of me taken by my partner on a roll of black and white film gifted by Anna; I’ve always wanted a picture of myself on black and white. :)