Jul 18

Fika Fika Café.

Negative0-09-04(1)

Fika, in Swedish, serves as both noun and verb to mean “taking a coffee break”. A simple Google search turns up many different cafes around the world with the same name, no doubt hoping to encourage one to fika as often as possible. Taipei’s own version not only incorporates the Swedish word twice in its name; it also goes for the minimalist interior design that you don’t see often in Taiwanese cafes.

Negative0-08-03(1)

Negative0-11-06(1)

Negative0-12-07(1)

Negative0-10-05(1)

Negative0-13-08(1)Kodak ProFoto XL 100, Pentax K1000

comments

1. Sara says:

ó i love all the white in there!

i hope you gather all this info and photos of cafes and do a wonderful guide :D

2. Linus says:

Ahhh, fika. One of the main activities in my life :) Usually the first thing that me and my best friend do whenever and wherever we meet. The tradition of fika is probably one of the main reasons why Sweden rank in the top five in coffee consumption per capita.

The cinnamon bun is a very common part of a fika (since you are supposed to eat something sweet with the coffee), called “kanelbulle” in my native tongue.

I’ve actually been planning to go to to some typical swedish cafés to make a Katie inspired post for some time. I think that I will finally get around to do it this weekend (though developing times will postpone the posting).

Oh, the white and bright is very typical for swedish interior design.

Great shots as always!

I ♥ cinnamon buns (oh, this reminds me so much of the film Kamome Shokudō, although that’s based in Finland)!

Please do get around to it soon :) I’d love to read a Katie-inspired post, hahaha! :)

Wow, you’re right; this cafe is totally different than many others you’ve been to. Others have been bright and cheerful. With yellows or pinks or oranges. Wooden chairs. All sorts of interesting things to gaze at. This one is much more minimalist! The white is very clean, though. And, really, I like the clean, simplistic look.

4. awono says:

in my mother tongue, Fika or Phika means tea(black tea)
    The cafe is wondeful…wish we had some around here :)

5. sarapirat says:

mmmmm yes we do love our fika in sweden!
    i see you have some cinnamon buns there too, i just baked two batches yesterday!