Jun 14

Film/Camera Guide Updates.

Negative0-34-0A(1)Lomography CN 800, Zenit TTL

I’ve had the Pentax for slightly more than three months and finally took the time to add it onto the Camera Guide – it’s my absolute go-to camera now and I can’t wait to make more pictures with it. Also, the Kodak ProFoto XL 100 is now in the Film Guide; I’ve used a few more rolls recently and it has definitely performed consistently. True to life tones are right up my alley!

And if you have a keen eye, you might have noticed that I’ve put up a button on the sidebar that links you to the Curating Cuteness shop selling a film kit for beginners. I’ve had lots of emails asking which films and where to purchase them from to use with various cameras and decided to come up with a kit of six different consumer 35mm films that are largely reliable and easy to produce great results with. If film is easily accessible where you live, do stock up on my top six recommendations, especially if you’re new to film photography; if film is not easily accessible where you live, I hope this kit comes in handy. Happy weekend!

comments

1. Jessica says:

Your camera guide is what inspired me to start using film again – and really helped me figure out what I wanted in a camera! I ended up with an Canon T50 (not in your guide I don’t think, haha) but I am loving it! thanks for the inspiration.Now, to try those films….

That’s such great news to hear! :) At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter which camera is in your hands as long as you are comfortable with it. The T50 looks like it will be a well-used camera, can’t wait to see more on your new blog.

2. chika says:

Hi Katie,
    I’ve a question for you. I want to know, how do you protect your film when you travel by flight? I heard x-ray can harm your film. I need you advice since I’ll be flying to Japan next month.

Believe it or not, I’ve had all my film go under the x-ray and nothing has ever happened to them! The important thing is to put your film in your carry-on luggage, not checked-in luggage. The x-ray from the machines that scan your carry-ons is very mild and will not cause any visible damage. Have fun in Japan – I’m jealous! ;)

3. Sara says:

always great recommendations :)

Lucky and Solaris are very hard to find here now :/

Solaris is getting harder to find around these parts, too, we must make good use of it while it is still around.

4. The Pentax K1000! amazingly awesome camera. Though I’ve not been shooting film lately, it was and will always be my primary shooter :) cheers!

5. evelyn says:

Hi Katie, your zenit produces the loveliest swirls!