Feb 25

Good Times.

Negative0-12-25(1)

Nothing like beautiful weather and an impromptu trip to the beach to put a smile on your face and fill up your heart, especially with your favorite people (and dog) in the world. I really, really wanted to use the waterproof camera and crossed my fingers that Lomography CN 400 would work well enough for the plastic camera – I just adore how well it captured the blue skies at Baisha Bay (白沙灣).

Negative0-05-32A(1)

Negative0-32-02(1)

Negative0-36-XXA(1)

Negative0-07-30(1)

Negative0-06-31(1)Lomography CN 400, Waterproof Toy Camera

comments

1. OtherMix says:

Looks like a great day! :D

2. evelyn says:

fun pictures!

Everyone looks so happy! I love it. What a great day. Did Mimi enjoy the water? Had she ever been to the beach before? And (time for another question) this was the camera you replaced, right?

Nope, that was her first time but it so much fun watching her have ample space to run around in. She just about went crazy! And yes, this is the camera I replaced, so glad to have the chance to use it again!

4. Michelle says:

These are wonderful photographs – I love the colours and the subtle light leaks. Looks like it was a lovely day.

5. Linus says:

I’d say that the toy camera (and you) pulled it off! I especially like the the surfer and double exposed B小姐 and A小姐 :)

6. James Jay says:

Came across your blog somehow, I can’t remember. Anyways awesome blog! The photos totally remind me of summer and how I can’t wait till it gets here in Arizona.

– james

Hey James,

Thanks for dropping by the blog, glad you enjoy it! These were taken in early October last year when it was still warm – the heat is slowly coming back to Taipei and I can’t wait for spring/summer to be here officially, too. :) Keep shooting film!

7. Cadds says:

Oh beaches <3 They have so much potential to photograph. What would you say is your favourite camera while shooting at a beach? Also, I LOVE YOUR DOG.

I tend to feel more at ease with plastic cameras in hand at the beach when I’m near the water but I had to take a few with my SLR in Bali, put the camera safely back into my bag and jumped into the water!

P.S. I wish Mimi were my dog but she actually belongs to my housemate. :)